Well, this is it, I’ve made it to the end! 1001 days have passed and I’ve finished my 101 Things in 1001 Days challenge.
Let me tell you, trying to wrap up the odds and ends on my list during the holiday season was tough – there were a few things I should have managed to complete but I just ran out of time. (ahem, like that rag rug that is just so close..)
So of the 101 things on my list, what have I completed? You can see the full list here, but here are the things I’ve completed since my last update:
22. Don’t eat out for a full week You know what, this was hard! Between busy nights where you just grab a pizza and afternoons where it’s just easier to grab something on my way to work, we eat out more than we even realize. And, I didn’t include my daily Tims in this (but I didn’t get any food!)
39. Go tobogganing I didn’t think I’d complete this one, but we managed to get out to our local hill last weekend, and seriously, why don’t we do this more often!? The kids had a blast, and they are old enough now that they will just go for hours. A few bumps and bruises aside (J now refuses to get on a toboggan with me) we had a ton of fun!
44. Choose a crochet project and complete it Technically this has been done for a while, but I never crossed it off the list. Nothing fancy, as I don’t have the patience for it, but I’ve whipped up a few dishcloths and scarves.
52. Ask friends to recommend 10 books and read them all This is another one I didn’t think I would complete, but I squeaked by, finishing the last book on the list on December 20th! I didn’t quite finish my 101 books, but I was so close!
57. Buy myself flowers I like to save this one till the end as a little congratulations for myself 🙂
101. Put away $2-$5 dollars for every task completed and actually spend it on myself at the end of the 1001 days Well, I set it aside, and I’m sure after Christmas I will mage to spend it on myself!
So how did I do? Altogether I completed 68 of 101 goals on my list. So about 67%, which is actually much better than my first round where I completed 61 things. I’m a bit bummed I didn’t complete more, but I keep telling myself that 68 is still a pretty solid number.
Looking back at my list, there several things I feel I really should have been able to complete (my entire Get Fit & Healthy category was a bust, I only completed 5 of 15 things, oops!) and a few things that I think ended up being pretty meaningless to me. There were also 5 things that were in progress, but I didn’t quite finish up.
Overall, I’m pretty happy with it. And I’m even more excited to start fresh after Christmas with my new list! In the meantime, I’ve got one more day of work then it’s time to enjoy the holidays!
Have a wonderful Christmas!
What an awesome idea! I might have to give this a try!
Thanks! It really is a great way to set goals!